The table below indicates the prices of our services for the structural units of University of Tartu and users outside of the University.
The prices were set in accordance to ruling Tartu 08.10.2020 nr. 5-1.4/AT/283, and are valid since September 8th, 2020. The financial source for receiving the income is ELTATHPC. The individual responsible for billing is the manager of the HPC Center, Ivar Koppel.
Don’t hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about calculating the price.
- 0.012 euros per CPU core hour or
- 0.012 euros per 6 GB of memory/hour.
- 0.5 euros per GPU hour.
Memory usage is calculated by 6 GB segments.
(price depends on the use of which resource is greater). **
- 80 euros per 1 TB per year
- In case of 2x replicated data, 160 euros per 1 TB per year.
- A copy stored on tape costs 30 euros per 1 TB per year.
- Replicated + tape stored data costs 190 euros per 1 TB per year.
Administrator's hourly rate
- 50 euros per hour
- (will be applied in case the desired software requires unusually long and complicated installation process).
Virtual server hosting
- 0.003 euros per core hour
- 0.0013 euros per RAM(GB) hour
- 0.138 euros per SSD storage (TB) hour
- (price is the sum of used resources prices) ***
- 50 euros per server per month.
- Includes monitoring and installation of security updates.
LUMI (Large Unified Modern Infrastructure)
- 0.008 EUR/CPU core/hour
- 0.35 EUR/GPU/hour
- User home directory: free
- Project storage (persistent and scratch): 0.0106 EUR/TB/hour
- Flash based scratch storage is billed at the rate 10 x 0.0106 EUR/TB/hour
*GPU partition will be available for computing starting fall 2022
* When determining the order of starting compute jobs, jobs with higher priority are given preference.
** Accounting of the use the computing servers is based on the amount of memory (with 1 unit being equal to 6 GB of RAM/h) and processors (with 1 unit being equal to 1 core hour) allocated to the user’s job(s).
For the structural units of University of Tartu, the price is based on whichever resource has more units allocated to it. For instance, for a job that uses 1 core and 2 GB of memory, and runs for 10 hours, the price is max(1, 2/6)*10*0.012=0.12 euros, but for a job that uses 1 core and 12 GB of memory, and runs for 10 hours, the price is max(1, 12/6)*10*0.012=0.24 euros.
*** For example, in case of a virtual server m.xsmall flavor with 1 processor core, 1GB of ram and 10GB of SSD storage space allocated for it, will cost 1*0.003*24*365 = 26 euros per year for the CPU and 1*0.0013*24*365 = 11 euros per year for RAM and 1/10*0.138*24*365 = 120 euros per year for the storage space