We are excited to announce the launch of two new services that are set to enhance your experience with our infrastructure: the Open OnDemand Service and a dedicated Service Status Page.
Open OnDemand Service
Open OnDemand is a platform providing web access to HPC cluster resources directly from your browser. With Open OnDemand you can:
- Open a terminal session from your browser; no SSH or PuTTY is needed
- Browse your files with the built-in file explorer
- Download, upload, and modify your home directory files
- Create jobs with the job composer tool
- View all of your running jobs and their states OnDemand will allow you to use our cluster without the overhead of navigating a Linux terminal.
To access the service, head to ondemand.hpc.ut.ee. Please note there are two requirements: a FreeIPA account in ETAIS self-service and an active HPC resource allocation. Please see the guide for help.
There are some significant features that we are planning on adding to our installment of OnDemand in the future. These include but are not limited to:
- Virtual desktops - access your SLURM job with an interactive graphical interface
- Jupyterhub - create jobs to run your Jupyter notebooks
- RStudio - run jobs that host an RStudio interface to run your graphical visualizations.
Service Status Page
Additionally, we’re also launching a Service Status Page. This webpage is your go-to resource for real-time updates about the operational status of our various services. Whether it’s planned maintenance or unexpected downtime, our Service Status Page keeps you informed.
You are welcome to subscribe to Service Status Page email notifications to have the immediate information about changes in services status.